Monday 29 October 2012

Converse-ation

It's no secret that I like shoes. I own more pairs than it is worth counting but there is one brand which play out as favourites. This brand is Converse. I have owned many pairs and I have decided to document them here.

The first pair I bought were turquoise low Chuck Taylor All Stars. I bought them for going into 3rd year of high school in 2004. I had previously had a pair of own brand "converse" from topshop and it was about time I went authentic. I still own them and they used to sit proudly in my bedroom.

After these, the order gets a bit blurry but never the less, we will boost through them all. Brown Suede  One Star Converse were the first non canvas pair I owned. I wore them to death! 

One holiday in Verona saw the purchase of what can only be described as my favourite Converse I have ever owned. Blue low top Chuck Taylor All Stars with multi colours circles and dots. I still own them and as I couldn't find a photo on the internet, you are getting to see them in the form they still stand!


For a brilliant summer I treated myself to slip on green low tops. I wish I still owned these. One of the few pairs to ever see the bin. They were ripped and had "Hi Kirsten" written on the sole. A friend once accused me of being "too cool for laces" when I wore these. They will forever be known as the shoes I wore the summer before Uni.

My first (and only) pair of leather Converse were the biggest let down. Yes they kept my feet dry but I missed the white sole. Out of every pair I have ever owned, these are in the best condition as I just didn't wear them as much as I could have.


Next on the list is the first of the pairs from America. These were bought by a friend, for herself in Florida but she bought them too big. So they became mine! Skinny royal blue low tops. I have never seen another pair like this. Everything about them is smaller. Skinny sole, skinny laces and even extra eyelets! I loved them though!


Next up we have grey low top Chuck Taylor All Stars and I wore these for months. Took them paint-balling once (because they were done) and afterwards I cleaned them to the point where they re-entered my wardrobe and they have been there ever since.

I have owned two pairs of grey Converse. The second were a pair of low one star Converse. I can not find them to photograph them (I fear they may have been left in Germany!) so I have found the closest I can. If you can imagine the image below with a yellow star and yellow stitching. They were my fail safe shoe. I used to keep them under my desk in Germany just incase I ever needed them.
At one point, I owned Converse running shoes. I am unable to find these anywhere in the internet. The closet is shown below but the pair I owned were brown and pink. I bought them from Qube on Argyle St. 


The second pair of Converse I own that came from the USA were a gift from New York. They feature gradients of blue through to grey. I have photographed them as they currently stand. Not got a clue what happened to their laces!



The third pair of American Converse were a Christmas present from my Brother and his Fiancee when they were living in Texas! They are purple and grey tartan low top one star Converse.


Now to document my high tops. I have owned three pairs. The first were turquoise high tops. It felt good since my first ever pair of converse were also turquoise. I still own and wear these regularly.
I have also owned two pairs of Navy high tops. These have been the best and most worn out of every pair. I love them. 





So lets look at them as a whole. I have owned 3 pairs of Chuck Taylor high tops, 6 pairs of Chuck Taylor low tops, 3 pairs of low top one star, one pair of Ladies running shoes and a pair which don't fit in either category. 14 pairs. I am happy with that number. 

No comments:

Post a Comment